Book of the Cafe
Связующая цепь: Кафе
|Дата выпуска||Не выпущена|
|Платформы||Android (запланирована браузерная и iOS-версия)|
Len'en Café ~ Book of the Café (連縁カフェ ～ BOOK of the CAFE) — это игра в жанре бизнес-симуляции выходящая перед 5-ой частью Monochrome World и согласно словам JynX’а из twitter: «Кафе это что-то типо дополнительной истории, поэтому оно будет 4.5, в то время как Monochrome World будет 5-ой частью. (Это правда так, как я чувствую.». Игра по Len'en Project. Она была анонсирована JynX’ом в его блоге 11 ноября 2017 года, the fourth anniversary of Len’en. Planned for release on Android smartphones, this also makes it the first Len’en game to not be released for Windows PCs, and possibly the first game of the series to not be a shooting game.
The gameplay is how the genre is described: a business simulation. In the 5th anniversary video, it shows the whole scene in general. There are «Shop Assistants» who can interact with various components of the scene, such as a sink, a service table and a cooker (called «The Three Musketeers»). They have various statistics, so they can be better at one thing over another. Choosing to cook will also allow the player to select various dishes. Once cooked, the assistant can automatically take it to a customer. When that customer finished eating, an assistant can take the plate to a sink, which the player can then command an assistant to clean the dishes. JynX also aims to have the game run automatically to an extent when the game is closed.
The game also allows customisation to the layout, such as adding table and chairs, changing floor tiles, wall tiles, a new cooker, etc. The more the player plays the game, the bigger it gets. The player will also gain money, EXP, etc. along the way.
On 21 April 2017, JynX stated that they took an interest in trying to develop a «café management» game, and thus got himself into studying on how to develop such a system. By doing so, they pointed out that instead of it being a spin-off, it will still have major relevance to the story of the Len'en Project. After some time on 29 April, they (drunkenly) created an animation of Tsubakura that is likely to have relevance to Book of the Cafe.
Eventually, JynX announced the game on their blog on 11 November 2017 as part of the fourth anniversary of Len’en, showing a screenshot of the game and talking about various gameplay elements that they plan to implement. The screenshot confirmed Yabusame Houlen, Tsubakura Enraku and Shion's appearances, as well as some furniture implemented. They were aiming for a beta release sometime in 2018. On 9 March 2018, JynX released a video showing a battle stage in the alpha stages of development. The game was still in development as of 9 September 2018.
The game is currently developed for Android and browser, but they might create an iOS version if the game gets enough popularity. They once stated that they wanted to make a game for iOS on 17 August 2015. On 11 November 2018, JynX reveals that they are half way through development. Because they are making the game for phones for the first time, they had to work more on optimising memory usage, app size, etc. to make it run efficiently. Due to the amount of work that is being implemented, the beta release will be much later after 2018 without a confirmed date. However, they promised to improve the game’s quality during then. They also plan on re-working on character art already implemented. 
- In the provided screenshot of the initial reveal, haniwas could be seen as a reference to Sukune Katano, and dice could be seen referencing Xeno a.
- On one shelf are plushy versions of Yabusame and Tsubakura.
- The anniversary of Len’en video has roads and buildings around the scene, suggesting that the current scene takes place in Devanagara.
- Len'en Project 5th Anniversary Video!
- JynX's Twitter: "Phew~, work's never done. Cafe's battle scenes will take more time to complete."
- JynX's YouTube: Len'en Café α Version, Battle Screen Part.01
- JynX's Twitter: "I've been thinking, I wanna make a café management game. (Not saying that the next game's gonna be one, mind you.)"
- JynX's Twitter: "I'm studying hard regarding this new development system in order to make that a reality!"
- JynX's Twitter: "You might think "café management" means it'll be a fluffy side-story sort of game, but it's actually planned to be a majorly important entry in the Len'en series. And, like, stuff."
- Unreal Indolence Blog Translation, 11 November 2017
- JynX's Twitter: "Hmm, development for Cafe is still going on so it will have to wait at least until the middle of the year. I'm reaaally sorry about that."
- Interview with JynX (2015): Question 54